Our volunteers form the backbone of the care we provide. They bring a variety of special interests, skills, and gifts. We hope YOU want to join the outstanding Lovejoy Hospice Care Team. We have volunteer opportunities for Teens, Adults, and Small Groups. There are lots of opportunities for volunteers to help, choose what fits best for you:
- Relieve caregivers by sitting with patients and talking, listening, reading, or just being silent.
- Run errands or provide transportation.
- Do light housekeeping or meal preparation.
- Visit, phone, or send letters to families.
- Assist with grief support groups and programs.
- Improve quality of life
- Massage therapy
- Pet therapy
- Crisis support
- Help in the office
- Assist with filing, copying, data entry, record keeping, word processing.
- Answer phones and greet people.
- Help assemble bulk mailings.
- Volunteer for special events.
Please call us at (541) 474-1193 to find out how you can help.